Conference Call Services in Central PA
conference calling capabilities
Trust Merlin To get you started with this effective business tool.
In the past, to communicate and build relationships with other businesses from far away, whether internationally or domestically, one had to send a representative on a business trip. These costs could add up quickly, depending on the length of time needed to complete certain tasks. However, with the invention of the Internet and other digital tools like conference calling, businesses changed forever.
At Merlin Communications, we will help set up your business’s conference calling capabilities to get you started with this multi-faceted, effective business tool.
Different Types of Conference Calling
There are several types of conference calls, making this tool even more effective. Depending on your situation, you can select the one that will best match your needs for that particular communication. Here are the types of conference calls and when they could be used:
- Audio Teleconferencing: This is similar to a group phone call, but attendees can call in from anywhere and use the web instead of a phone line. Participants may also be either active or passive during the teleconference. Passive callers will most likely have their lines muted, so they can listen. Audio teleconferencing is effective in relaying information to many people at once, like a district manager giving updates to store managers.
- Web Teleconferencing: With web teleconferencing, you can relay what is on your screen to every participants’ monitor. If you need to give a presentation, this option is a great pick. It also has audio capabilities, allowing the presenter to speak freely as if they were in front of a live audience. The digital audience can then open their lines at the end for the chance to ask questions.
- Video Teleconferencing: Video teleconferencing is usually between just two people. However, you could use it with a room full of people, too, depending on the video setup. This option is a good pick if the people involved are too far away for a face-to-face meeting in person or if there are scheduling conflicts.
Benefits of Conference Calls
There are many benefits of adding conference call capabilities as part of your business, including:
- Reduced or eliminated travel costs: You don’t have to reimburse employees for travel costs, including airline tickets, hotels and meals while on a business trip. The money you would spend on these trips can be allocated to other needs in your business.
- Ability to take immediate action: If you need to immediately settle an issue, a conference call can be scheduled to resolve that issue quickly and effectively.
- Ease of scheduling: After you pick a time and date that fits into every participant’s schedule, an invitation will be sent digitally that makes it simple to call in.
- Better business management: Teleconferencing will make many aspects of your business more streamlined and efficient, leading to better business management and other benefits.
As a business owner or manager, you are always looking for ways to make your business operations more efficient and cost-effective. Conference calls may be the solution you’re looking for.
Why Work With Merlin Communications?
Trust Merlin Communications for all of your web, video and audio teleconferencing needs in Central PA and Northern MD. If you believe your business could benefit from these conference call services, get in touch with us today to learn more.
We are available to answer all of your questions and to provide you with a quote.